USING FOODSAVER V2244 VACUUM-SEALING SYSTEM – TOP TIPS
If you are new in vacuum-sealing, you can try the FoodSaver v2244-one of the best foodsaver vacuum sealers on the market. It is a vacuum-sealer that sucks air out of food bags, thus preserving the food inside. It is great to use for food products before freezing or refrigerating it. It can be used for both bags and containers or jars.
A starter kit usually includes a seal roll, two sizes of seal bags and an accessory hose.
HOW TO SEAL PROPERLY:
- Use the preferred brand of bags or rolls. If you use a different brand, it may not be compatible with your FoodSaver. This model seals up to 11 inches bags or rolls.
- Try not to re-use bags. Sometimes, it cannot seal properly because of oils that may have already remained in the bag even after washing it.
- Have at least one inch between your food and the open end of the bag. If you are sealing in liquid, have at least 3 inches.
- If it does not seal properly, check your seal gasket. It may be the problem. As temporary solution, you may try putting your hand in the middle part of the sealer to apply some pressure for a tighter seal.
- This model does not have holder for rolls and a cutter. It is recommended that you use pre-cut bags or you can make your own size but do the cutting and sealing beforehand.
- Properly position your bag over the sealing strip to make a tight seal exactly where you want it.
- If you have problems with the suction power of the FoodSaver, check for any blockage. Your plastic bag may be too wide for your machine. Check the maximum size your machine can accommodate and buy the correct size of bag.
- If you think it does not seal correctly, check for any debris or dirt in the seal strip. Or your bag may have some dirt or oil in the exact spot of the seal.
- Make sure your FoodSaver is on top of an even surface. There may be some cracks on the surface that will have one side of the machine on a lower area. Like a missing tile on a countertop.
- If you are sealing food in canisters or containers, buy the preferred brands to make sure it will work. If you are not sure about the brand, just buy one piece to try before making a big purchase.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR FOODSAVER V2244:
- When vacuum-sealing ground coffee or cookies with crumbs, put a paper towel between the food items and the mouth of the bag so that the vacuum-sealer will not suck out the crumbs. It may actually cause damage to your machine.
- When you want to vacuum-seal soups or dips, freeze it first. Once frozen or in a solid state, then you vacuum-seal. Do this so water or liquid will not go into your vacuum-sealer, which again may damage it.
- Give your machine some down time in between seals.
- You can remove the drip tray and wash in the dishwasher. The drip tray catches any crumbs that may spill from the bag.
- Clean the unit after every use.
- Before you clean the FoodSaver, unplug it.
- Wipe down with clean damp cloth the vacuum-sealer after use. Make sure the rag is just damp with soapy water but no water is dripping into the machine. You cannot get the machine wet at all.
- Use a mild cleaning agent as soap.
- After the soapy damp rag, follow it with a damp rag to remove the soap. Soap residue will make your machine sticky when dry. Dirt and bacteria will easily stick to it.
- After the damp rag, wipe dry with a dry rag.
- Do not plug in the machine unless the whole unit is completely dry. If wet, it may cause electric shock.
- The accessories for canisters and containers may be removed and stored when not in use.
If you take care of your machine, it will serve you well. Should you have problems that require some expert advice to get the foodsaver reviews, contact the company through their website, or you can leave a review and ask questions there. If you are bit of a handyman yourself, you can check the manual and troubleshoot it yourself. If all else fails, bring the machine to where you bought it from (not online). There is bigger probability that they have someone there who has trained with the company that manufactures or distributes it.